We are on the lookout for a keen amateur photographer to take photos of our games and events in and around the club.
The club has 5 senior teams playing on a Saturday, youth teams playing across the week and also host numerous other games and events throughout the year. The 1st team compete in the West of England Premier League system, and have a mix of professional, ex professional and top amateur players in their squad. The other 4 teams compete in the Somerset Cricket League.
Our youth teams play in the North Somerset Youth Cricket League, and last season won leagues and cups in their respective leagues.
In recent years we have hosted local professional teams and players in marquee games, and have one of the most popular annual firework and bonfire events in the town.
With our ever growing amount of teams and players, we are on the lookout for a photographer to assist us in documenting the games and events around the club.
The ideal person will be someone who:
- Is based locally and can get themselves to and from the club.
- Available on Saturdays.
- Flexible with availability on different dates and days, a good communicator, and friendly and easy to work with.
- Interest in cricket and general sports.
- Some experience with photography and sports photography, as well as access to good quality photography kit (desired but not essential).
In return for your time, you will receive:
- A free social membership at the club, which entitles you to a range of benefits.
- Free club kit such as polo shirt and cap.
- Free refreshments every Saturday including a cricket tea and drinks.
- Free entry to all our events and end of season dinner.
- A mention every time your photos are used in our social media and website areas. We have over 3,000 followers across our social media profiles, as well as a huge reach in the local town through published photos in the local newspaper and paid promotions on social media that have been seen by thousands of people.
- Chance to build your skills in photography and web development – the successful person will have the chance to work with the club to ensure maximum exposure for their work on our website and social media profiles, and have the chance to control their own area of the website subject to approval from the club committee.
- Assistance with building up their own social media profiles if required.
- Chance to be part of a great sports club that is growing and improving year upon year.
We believe that this position will be best suited to a keen local amateur photographer, or someone thinking of a future career in photography and media production, and wants to gain experience in the field. We have a committed group of volunteers that work hard to run the club and its events, and we would love to have someone who shares those levels of commitment join the club in this new position.
For more information or to chat to someone at the club please contact us at [email protected], message us on Facebook or Twitter, or alternatively give Digital Content manager Dominic Mayo a call on 07502285660.
To apply for the post, please email [email protected] with some information about yourself and your interest in the role, and we can go from there.