Following the recent Government and ECB advice about use of outdoor practice facilities, we are pleased to announce that nets will be available for booking from this Sunday 7th June!
We have received a number of enquiries from members surrounding the use of the nets, and we are pleased to announce that we have put the necessary protocols in place to allow them to reopen on a trial basis.
One lane of the outdoor artificial nets will initially be available on two days - Wednesdays from 3pm - 7pm, and Sundays from Midday to 4pm.
Bookings for members only can be made by clicking here: https://wsmcc.simplybook.it/v2/#
Before booking, you must first have read and understood the following rules:
- Users must be members of the club to book. Any non member bookings will be cancelled and unauthorised users will be asked to leave.
- The nets will be open on the above times only, with absolutely no use at any other time. The nets will remain locked outside of these session times.
- No other ground or outfield use is permitted.
- One lane of our outdoor net is available. We hope to add another net on the grass practice wicket in time if this trial is successful.
- Sessions are for 50 mins in order to leave a safe handover time to the next booking
- Members must arrive no more than 5 minutes before their session and leave immediately after. Players are asked to end their session at the specified time to allow the next group to start on time
- Youth members must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- All nets are restricted to a maximum of 4 people from one household or 2 people from different households, who MUST follow the 'government social distance guidelines' at all times. Larger groups will be asked to leave.
- All users must bring and use their own equipment, including balls and batting kit.
- Users are responsible for thoroughly cleaning their hands before and after using the facility. Please bring and use your own sanitizer..
- There are no toilet or other facilities available, due to the clubhouse remaining closed to comply with Government regulations.
- If you or any members of your family have displayed symptoms of Covid-19, please follow Government guidelines and avoid using the nets so they remain safe for all users.
- Bear in mind that net booking and on the on site club representative is running this on an entirely voluntary basis.
We will post updates on the Club Members Whats App Group on bookings / weather related changes to net availability etc . If you are not a member of the group (adults / parents only) then get in touch with your youth coach or captain to get added.
Use of the net facilities are subject to change, and the WsMCC committee reserve the right to cancel bookings and close the nets if the weather makes the facilities unsafe for use, or if the situation surrounding Covid-19 worsens.
At all times we are governed by the guidance from the ECB, info below.